Causes We Support
Charitable Organizations RVShowrooms Supports
When you choose to do business through RVShowrooms.com, you are also helping a variety of great organizations which we feel do a fantastic job of helping to make lives better. We encourage you to click on the links below and learn more about these various organizations. On behalf of all of us and our network, we appreciate your support.
Make A Wish Foundation
- Make A Wish Foundation – Since 1980, the Make-A-Wish Foundation® has enriched the lives of children with life-threatening medical conditions through its wish-granting work. The Foundation’s mission reflects the life-changing impact that a Make-A-Wish® experience has on children, families, referral sources, donors, sponsors and entire communities.The Make-A-Wish Foundation was founded in 1980 after a little boy named Chris Greicius realized his heartfelt wish to become a police officer. Since its humble beginnings, the organization has blossomed into a worldwide phenomenon, reaching more than 250,000 children around the world. Although it has become one of the world’s most well-known charities, the Make-A-Wish Foundation has maintained the grassroots fulfillment of its mission. A network of nearly 25,000 volunteers enable the Make-A-Wish Foundation to serve children with life-threatening medical conditions. Volunteers serve as wish granters, fundraisers, special events assistants and in numerous other capacities. As the Foundation continues to mature, its mission will remain steadfast. Wish children of the past, present and future will have an opportunity to share the power of a wish®.
Folds Of Honor
- Folds Of Honor – ABOUT THE FOUNDATION: The Folds of Honor Foundation is rallying a nation to ensure no family is left behind in the fight to preserve American freedom. Through scholarships and other assistance, we give back to the spouses and children of soldiers killed or disabled in service to our country. We provide healing, hope and an opportunity for dreams to be realized…with the support of people like you. We feel this is our duty as citizens of the greatest country in the world.OUR CALLING: Over 700,000 soldiers have been killed or disabled in the military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan–Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, and Operation New Dawn. These service members’ families exceed the national average of 2.5 dependents per household. As of January 1, 2012, over one million dependents have been adversely affected by multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. More than 87% of the dependents affected by the recent wars do not qualify for federal scholarship assistance. While the federal government provides some support for these families, it cannot succeed alone without proactive civilian organizations to assist.The need is great, and, to paraphrase the words of Patrick Henry, their battle is ours. As Americans, we feel a collective duty to honor those who have sacrificed by serving the families they leave behind.
- Autism Speaks – Autism Speaks was founded in February 2005 by Bob and Suzanne Wright, grandparents of a child with autism. Their longtime friend Bernie Marcus donated $25 million to help financially launch the organization. Since then, Autism Speaks has grown into the nation’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We are proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish and look forward to continued successes in the years ahead.
Hospice Foundation Of America
- Hospice Foundation Of America – Hospice Foundation of America provides leadership in the development and application of hospice and its philosophy of care with the goal of enhancing the U.S. health care system and the role of hospice within it. Hospice Foundation of America meets its mission by conducting programs of professional development, public education and information, research, publications and health policy issues. Our programs for health care professionals assist those who cope either personally or professionally with terminal illness, death, and the process of grief, and are offered on a national or regional basis. Our programs for the public assist individual consumers of health care who are coping with issues of caregiving, terminal illness, and grief.
American Cancer Society
- American Cancer Society – Together with our millions of supporters, the American Cancer Society (ACS) saves lives and creates a world with less cancer and more birthdays by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and by fighting back. The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the ACS has 12 chartered Divisions, more than 900 local offices nationwide, and a presence in more than 5,100 communities.
Veterans Of Foreign Wars
- Veterans of Foreign Wars – Founded in 1899, the VFW remains dedicated to this country’s military, its veterans and their families.
Colorectal Cancer Coalition
- Colorectal Cancer Coalition – Our mission is to win the fight against colorectal cancer through research, empowerment and access. Colorectal Cancer continues to be the second leading cancer killer for both men and women combined in the United States, even though it is 90 percent preventable and 90 percent treatable when detected early. On a personal note, we have had tragedy in our lives that related to this cancer. Please, please, make sure you spread the word about proper screening.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – “Finding Cures. Saving Children”.
American Diabetes Association
- American Diabetes Association – “Cure, Care, Commitment”.
The Humane Society of the United States
- The Humane Society of the United States – “Celebrating Animals, Confronting Cruelty”.